Sunday, February 10, 2008

The races...

Went well! On the first day in windy conditions, Evaldas, the king of power, took the team’s first road victory of the season! And on the second day the team finished a couple of guys in the top 10. Both days the team was ever present at the front, covering moves, and launching plenty more. As for myself, I felt good. I was really surprised. Both days I lost count of the number of attacks I had made after around 15 or so. And on the second day I was happy to see that my climbing has improved over the off season. The best part is, is that I really do not feel like I am in racing shape yet. Honestly, I think the only reason I raced as well as I did was because I was so mentally shattered and frustrated after the previous few days events that come race day, I going full gas on nothing but piss and vinegar. Perhaps I'm just better off being pissed off all the time.

Anybody else out there got some bad news they want to give me? If so wait a couple of weeks. I've got a 1.2 UCI race on the 23rd.

alex

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey alex,,,,we love ya...hang in there...what cool pics and experiences you are having. The Merritts