Friday, January 18, 2008

and the beat goes on....

The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

Jack London

I've loveded this partcular quote for quite some time now (and was happy to see that it made its way into the movie and book (I stongly recomend seeing and reading) "Into the Wild") and firmly believed in it. However, I have recently brought it up for questioning. Why? I miss Katie. A lot. More than anything ever before.

I love France. I really do. I love the culture, the people, the challenge of learnign the language, everything. Asside from one small minute detail this place is perfect. Heaven on earth. The ideal place and circumstances for me to develop into one of the worlds top cyclists. Unfortunutly, I feel like someone just punched me in the stomach. And "there's a window in my heart and everyone can see how sad inside"

That one's from Neil Young.

No comments: