Friday, September 7, 2007

Rollin'

Life in general is just kind of rollin' along at the moment. Plouay (my first Protour race) went pretty damn well. To my supprise I was able to do some decent attacking early and actually spent some time off the front solo! I was even bitterly close to making the main break away (not that I would have been able to keep up with them after 80km anyways). In all the experience was amazing and I am glad I got such an increddible opportunity to do such a prestigious (if you do not think it is prestigious then come hang out in the fully packed grandstands that we finished in or battle through crowds that were 6 people deep on each hill and try and just try and tell me it is not a big deal) race. Thanks Slipstream.

Anyways, back to real life. Right now I am in Spain. Solo. I have never been in a foriegn country all by my sefl before and I have most definitly never had a giant dusty old Spanish apartment with crappy plumbing all to my self either. It is a bit strange to say the least. As I said earlier life is just kind of rolling along. Long hours on the bike fill most of my day and hours of walking aroud town trying to find simple things like batteries and alarm clocks usually fill my afternoons. I have managed to make a number of new friends here (like the girl whos house I flooded when I took a shower and the pipe ruptured) and my spanish is comming along nicely because of it. Although, I think my advancements in Spanish have come at the expense of my English (at least my spelling) and my desperat need to learn French seems to be going unnoticed at the moment. Whoops.

Other than that, not much else to say. Life is good and living in Spain sure beets living in the real world.

alex

No comments: