Sunday, April 29, 2007

Long day


After a hard 5 hour ride in the morning (and most of the afternoon) I now have my hands full trying to pack up everything I will need for the Tour of Gila. It is amazing how much effort it takes to get ready for a trip like this. When you spend a lot of time on the road packing becomes second nature. Everything has its place and nothing gets forgotten. Routines are well rehearsed and smooth running. Once it is all down packing takes 30min. 45 if there is a bike to be packed. However, once you get out of the swing of things.... things get a bit interesting. For example: once I got home I realized that I had not done any laundry in 3 weeks. I had absolutely no clean cycling clothing left. I did not even have any clean cloths from last years kit left! So, here I am at the laundry mat doing 5 loads of laundry at once so I can get packed and into bed by a reasonable hour.


Hey, at least there are plenty of hot college girls here with the laundry blues too!

No comments: